Just a couple professional reminders, actually this is probably more of an in depth disclaimer for myself and my work as both a photographer and an artist. I am a brutally honest individual, always have been. I don't sugar coat, I don't stretch my abilities to accommodate others, and I figured what better way to outline myself as a person, a professional, with boundaries (new found and seasoned)- then to post my rules specific to my two crafts- photography and artwork. My honesty isn't for everyone and I understand that completely. Just like some concepts are just things that aren't my cup of tea. I am open minded and creative and deeply enjoy this "work" I do. So, lets have some fun, book a session (after you make sure my style is what you want), and make some beautiful images!!
1. If you cannot respond to confirm a booking in a responsible amount of time with a concrete yes or no- why bother? Ghosting is irresponsible, annoying, and just flat out insulting. "But I would NEVER do that!"- really, check your messages because you've left me on read for over 3 months, just saying.
2. Respect is a two way street and it's pretty clear somewhere along the line of time that's been forgotten.
3. Using the line "Well, your work isn't good enough," instead of "I'm sorry that's a little out of my budget right now." Is absolutely uncalled for rudeness. Add to that, you will subsequently be ignored, banned, and probably blocked from future communications with me.
4. If I offer to "discount" or shoot trade for time and I get blown off, guess what- the circle gets a little smaller for those that I'm willing to extend that to.
5. Make sure my style is what you want. Small tweaks are possible, but I will not completely change my photography style to fit your needs. My portfolio is here on my website.
6. The way I edit is the way I edit. I don't turn people into plastic versions of themselves. I like skin’s textures and scars and stretch marks. I will give you a ballpark on when it will be done and when to expect a Dropbox invite to your images. Hammering me with message after message will only delay images getting done.
7. There is no "Pinterest filter" option. If you use a Pinterest pin as an idea, cool- that's actually an awesome way for me to know what you are aiming for. But there isn't a one click option when it comes to editing, that's a lot of hard work and it's not a guarantee to look like that example.
8. Do I do photography and artwork for fun and a creative outlet? Yes. However it's also my business that I'm trying to run and when I get disrespected- it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and worse, lost income.
Times are tough with this wishy washy limbo we're stuck in. Not a lot of people have a free flow income they can spend money on funzies like photos and artwork. I get that. What I don't get is the entitlement some have towards stringing people along and thinking they are allowed to do that. Rudeness, while commonplace now, is still rude.
My prices are my prices and very rarely do they change. Negotiations are not okay. If you want instant artwork or portraits- use your selfies or go buy some Target artwork, cause I'm not your girl. I know my limits and I will stand firm on them. Use the manners your parents taught you. Be an adult.